Caravan Tyre Safety
Why are tyres important? Tyres are the only part of the caravan which are in contact with the road surface. Safety in acceleration, braking, steering and cornering all rely on the tyres’ relatively small contact area with the road surface. In addition, tyres also play a fundamental role in […]
What if I don’t know my tyre pressures?
This is one of the questions that is asked by some of my customers here at Pellon Tyres in Halifax Yorkshire UK. Apart from the internet, vehicle car manufacturers often place the tyre pressures in three locations of the car.
Here are the three places:Inside the driver’s door on the door frame
1-Inside the petrol-diesel cap
2-In the vehicle manual
3-If you are in the Halifax area then we will always supply the tyre pressures for your particular car model.
We recommend though that you keep your own tyre pressure gauge as part of your cars tool kit. They are only small items and can even be kept with your locking wheel nuts under the dash. Gauges are on offer at most car accessories stores and also from Michelin and on the road safety organizations web sites, here in the UK we have the AA and the RAC.
I can also give you drivers a few simple tips that you should remember about tyre pressures and inflating your tyres.
- Always keep your valve caps in a safe place when inflating and checking your tyre pressures. If the caps are cracked or broken, then replace them with new ones.
- Try not to damage the thread on your tyre valves. Some valves are Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) and if damaged are expensive to replace. So do not force the tyre pressure gauge or the air-line onto the tyres valve and damage the thread.
- Always check the tyre pressures when the tyres are cool preferably before you start a journey. Heat builds up in the tyres and they will give the wrong tyre pressure reading.
- Check each tyre more than once to ensure that you have a good fit between the tyres valve and the pressure gauge.
Any good tyre centre will do this job for you free of charge, including us at Pellon Tyres here in Yorkshire UK. This should also be done FREE of charge.
We have outlined some of the most important things to know and reasons why to rent a vehicle properly equipped with snow tyres for the winter conditions you can face in Vancouver and the surrounding British Columbia area.
Before the start of the winter. Hence, you should consider a set of winter tyres. As a result, the best way
Caravan Tyre Safety
- Michelin 4X4 CrossClimate- now available for 4×4 and SUV : Tyrepress - November 28, 2020
- Winter Tyres-A Women’s guide - November 27, 2020
- Caravan Tyre safety Advice- Another great Tyre Safe safety video-Kinetic – YouTube - November 26, 2020